Forest Park Miniature Railroad

A Fort Worth Family Tradition since 1959



Engine 104

Engine 104 driven by Senior Engineer and Master Mechanic Walter Hazzlerigg on approach to the Forest Park Depot.


The Forest Park Miniature Railroad was built as part of Forest Park Rides in 1958-1959. The ride is an approximately five-mile, thirty-five to forty-minute round trip from the Forest Park Depot off Colonial Parkway in Forest Park to the Duck Pond in Trinity Park and back with one stop at the Trinity Park Depot in Trinity Park where passengers may board the train if seats are available. The train crosses six bridges on its route including a 350 foot girder bridge and 171 foot truss bridge, both of which cross the Clear Fork of the Trinity River. The third longest bridge (sixty feet) along the route of the Forest Park Miniature Railroad spans the Trinity Park Creek before the train crosses under the Fort Worth and Western Railroad External Link trestle on its way to the Duck Pond. Occasionally, the Grapevine Vintage Railroad External Link is making its way across this trestle when the Forest Park Miniature Railroad is passing underneath.

The year 2009 marked fifty years of service to the people of Fort Worth for The Forest Park Miniature Railroad which opened to the public on 12 June 1959. For a more complete account of our origins, see our early history at Miniature Reflections: Part One.


Forest Park Miniature Railroad
1700 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76101
817-336-3328
fpmt@fpmt.us

Operation Lifesaver


Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
Valid CSS!